People, here's a recipe you need. I made these with tart cherry preserves instead of the raspberry fruit spread she suggests, and I sweetened the streusel topping with one tablespoon of honey instead of two tablespoons of xylitol. Delicious! Fun fact: these taste like butter but are, in fact, vegan. Related fact: coconut oil is amazing.
Have I told you lately that I love the Barton Springs sandwich (turkey, brie, Adriatic fig spread, and greens) from Whole Foods? Because, I do. A lot. Today my sad, abstaining-from-gluten life just got a lot better with the revelation that the Whole Foods on Lamar now offers gluten free bagels (GLUTEN! FREE! BAGELS!) as a bread option for their sandwiches. Whole Foods, I love you.
So, I've been thinking a lot about food this weekend, obviously. But I've also been thinking about Sammy, about how much he loves his sister and shouts, "MAMA, MILKA IS EATING A
ROCK" every time she's outside, even when she's just staring at her
foot. Today he started learning to ride his bike without training wheels, and when I told him, "You're doing a great job!," he responded with, "I'm probably the bestest bike rider without training wheels." I said, "It's just 'best' and maybe." I love his ridiculous opinion of himself. I love his thoughts on spinach ("Does not taste like chocolate") and samosas ("SO GOOD") and his new obsession with predicting the weather ("I see rain clouds, but I think we will not have scattered showers today.") He seems so old these days, but, really, he's four. He's not old at all. I mean, he doesn't even have a beard. When Sammy has a beard, I will cry. Also, when he realizes "crumpy" is not a word and finds a better bike rider without training wheels.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
GF Cherry Streusel Bars, My Favorite Sandwich, and Thoughts on Sammy
Posted by Heidi Meurer at 4/29/2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He is growing up WAY too fast. P.S. I am jealous of your life and miss you.
Right? Remember when he referred to himself as "Hammy" and neosporin as "porn"? *sigh*
P.S. I miss you, too! Hope to be in Houston soon. I need to see you!
He is too cute. You should have more :)
And get back to Houston so we can catch up. I'm trying to plan an Austin trip.
Post a Comment