CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Can You Make Butter from Mice?": February

 
 
 


February came and went, and I neglected to blog about our existence. We are still here.

Here's everything you need to know about last month:

Once Sammy asked if I could, theoretically, "make butter from mice." This happened at dinner.
Once I questioned the parenting failures of a mother whose son asks questions about theoretical mouse butter.
Once I ran a half marathon.
Once we took a walk along the Barton Creek Greenbelt and found a rock with the words "SPACE/TIME" written on it. (See above photo.)
Once we threw balls at a miniature basketball goal strapped to Sammy's head. (See above photo.)
Once I read Marilynne Robinson's Housekeeping and shouted to myself, "I LOVE MARILYNNE ROBINSON."
Once Sammy, Milka, and I drove to Houston to surprise my mom for her birthday; she was surprised. (Sretan rodendan, najdraza mama i baka na cijelom svijetu!)
Once we drove to Santa Fe and played in heaps of snow and ate enchiladas with red chiles and cried when we had to leave. (See above photos.)
Once Sammy recited from memory a significant portion of Mo Willem's Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs. (We love this book.)
Twice Milka referred to her friend Juliet as "Jew-y Jew."
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: