We (read: Heidi) are bad at blogging but are decidedly not dead. Proof: we sold our house, bought a new one, moved in, and had a housewarming/birthday party for Milka! (See above photos.)
Here's an excerpt from an interview I am making up as I write:
People: "You're probably the world's worst blogger."
Heidi: "Thank you."
People: "Does it bother you that only your mother will read this?"
Heidi: "Not at all, no. What lovely questions!"
People: "Thank you."
Heidi: "You're welcome."
People: "You have a new house! Do you like it?"
Heidi: "Yes. It is wonderful."
People: "Does it have a porch swing?"
Heidi: "It does! It is perfect in every way. It swings and is on our porch, so, you know: perfect."
People: "Moving with two kids, huh? That sounds fun!"
Heidi: "It was the opposite of fun. It was like someone took all the fun, stuffed it into a moving box, and then spent a week crying about that box. Actually, that's a pretty accurate description of what happened."
People: "I was kidding."
Heidi: "Ok."
People: "Ok. How's Sammy these days? Is he still obsessed with cars?"
Heidi: "He is, yes. But he has now added bottle caps to his list of Things He Obsesses Over. (To review: cars, space, and bottle caps.)
People: "Does he have any favorite bottle caps?"
Heidi: "IS THE POPE A FAN OF ORGANIZED RELIGION? Sorry. Yes. Yes, he has favorites. He is partial to Brooklyn Brewery, Topo Chico, and Smirnoff. I'm not kidding."
People: "Wow."
Heidi: "I know."
People: "So. Milka. She's two now?"
Heidi: "Yes! She's two and also has a bottle cap collection. (Thanks, Sammy!) She's really into singing, smiling, reading, and counting; although all numbers after twelve sound like 'muffin.'" (Milka: "One, two, three, eleven, twelve, muffin, muffin, muffin, muffin, muffin, etc.)
People: "How's their Croatian? Are you teaching them anything? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?"
Heidi: "I teach them things! Words! Greetings! Expressions! They know how to say goodnight and ask for ice cream and affirm everyone and everything ("Dobro!").
People: "Anything else we should know?"
Heidi: "Our new next door neighbor has a dog named Lolita!"
People: "Ok."
Heidi: "We're going to New Orleans in a few weeks!"
People: "Ok."
Heidi: "Today's our anniversary! NINE YEARS, PEOPLE."
People: "Congratulations! How's marriage?"
Heidi: "Marriage is a lot like a flower. It needs fresh air, sunshine, water, realistic expectations, honesty, and date nights. Mostly date nights."
People: "That is a terrible metaphor."
Heidi: "You're a terrible metaphor."
Here's an excerpt from an interview I am making up as I write:
People: "You're probably the world's worst blogger."
Heidi: "Thank you."
People: "Does it bother you that only your mother will read this?"
Heidi: "Not at all, no. What lovely questions!"
People: "Thank you."
Heidi: "You're welcome."
People: "You have a new house! Do you like it?"
Heidi: "Yes. It is wonderful."
People: "Does it have a porch swing?"
Heidi: "It does! It is perfect in every way. It swings and is on our porch, so, you know: perfect."
People: "Moving with two kids, huh? That sounds fun!"
Heidi: "It was the opposite of fun. It was like someone took all the fun, stuffed it into a moving box, and then spent a week crying about that box. Actually, that's a pretty accurate description of what happened."
People: "I was kidding."
Heidi: "Ok."
People: "Ok. How's Sammy these days? Is he still obsessed with cars?"
Heidi: "He is, yes. But he has now added bottle caps to his list of Things He Obsesses Over. (To review: cars, space, and bottle caps.)
People: "Does he have any favorite bottle caps?"
Heidi: "IS THE POPE A FAN OF ORGANIZED RELIGION? Sorry. Yes. Yes, he has favorites. He is partial to Brooklyn Brewery, Topo Chico, and Smirnoff. I'm not kidding."
People: "Wow."
Heidi: "I know."
People: "So. Milka. She's two now?"
Heidi: "Yes! She's two and also has a bottle cap collection. (Thanks, Sammy!) She's really into singing, smiling, reading, and counting; although all numbers after twelve sound like 'muffin.'" (Milka: "One, two, three, eleven, twelve, muffin, muffin, muffin, muffin, muffin, etc.)
People: "How's their Croatian? Are you teaching them anything? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?"
Heidi: "I teach them things! Words! Greetings! Expressions! They know how to say goodnight and ask for ice cream and affirm everyone and everything ("Dobro!").
People: "Anything else we should know?"
Heidi: "Our new next door neighbor has a dog named Lolita!"
People: "Ok."
Heidi: "We're going to New Orleans in a few weeks!"
People: "Ok."
Heidi: "Today's our anniversary! NINE YEARS, PEOPLE."
People: "Congratulations! How's marriage?"
Heidi: "Marriage is a lot like a flower. It needs fresh air, sunshine, water, realistic expectations, honesty, and date nights. Mostly date nights."
People: "That is a terrible metaphor."
Heidi: "You're a terrible metaphor."
3 comments:
Love yall! Happy Anniversary
This is likely my favorite interview ever! I read your blog, also. :) Me, your mom, and your brother.
Thanks, Kaleb. Volim te isto!
Ha. Thanks, Katie. I feel so loved!
Post a Comment