LOOK AT ME, WRITING A BLOG POST!
Sammy has a new obsession: flags. Yesterday after school he told me, "Mama, look what I did for an hour today! I drew the flags of the world from memory! I only remembered forty-three flags, though. I'll do better tomorrow." You're right, son. I expect more than FORTY-THREE FLAGS FROM MEMORY. (No. No, I do not.)
Here's an actual thing Sammy said about flags yesterday: "Margentina's flag is fun to draw." When I told him that was not a place, he insisted it was and showed me the flag of Macedonia. Later he referred to Macedonia as "Maceroon." So, his genius has limits, obviously.
Sammy's Flag Facts, Or: Things Sammy Said About Flags Yesterday
"Whoever designed Japan's flag was kind of lazy."
"Croatia's flag is the best. Also, Brazil."
"I'll tell you one thing: Canada needs a different flag. It's too hard to draw."
"Russia's flag is like someone stuck a blue stripe through Poland's flag."
"Switzerland's flag is easy."
"Ireland is a lot like Ivory Coast, but the opposite."
"I forgot about Bosnia-Herzegovina."
"Ukraine's flag is not that great." (Timely.)
"You think Palau is easy to draw, but that circle is not in the center. You think it is, but it's not."
"Nepal's my favorite."
Note: Sammy's flag knowledge is brought to you by this beautiful book.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Samuel Luka, Flag Enthusiast
Posted by Heidi Meurer at 3/18/2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you kidding me!!!??? Sign that boy up for Jeopardy 2015. He is a GENIUS! Gosh I love that kid and would most definitely enroll at ACC for his class "International Flags and Why They Matter".
Ha! I'm sure he'll work on the syllabus this afternoon.
Post a Comment