I'M WRITING A BLOG POST! FROM MY PHONE LIKE A LAZY PERSON!
The reason I'm writing this post: to document on the family blog that my son turned seven more than a month ago and I love him and I am so happy he had a birthday and I intended to write this much, much sooner but I'm horribly lazy and really into lounging.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAMMY!
We've come a long way, son. Remember that time (July) I thought you had diabetes, but it turned out you just like to drink water a lot? Remember that time (yesterday) you pronounced Trinidad and Tobago "Trill Lil Tobago," and I tried not to laugh but definitely laughed? Remember that time (currently) you were obsessed with St. Basil's Cathedral and spent your Friday afternoon (right now) putting together a 3D puzzle of "Russia's most famous and colorful onion dome building" (your words)? Remember that time (also today) you threw acorns at me while I talked to my friends? That's probably my least favorite memory. NOT COOL, SON. That and the time you whined about that thing that happened. That was terrible. Don't do that again. But all the other memories: so great! I love that you still love flags. I love that you read to your sister and sometimes don't tease her. I love that Netflix now has your favorite Curious George movie about Halloween (NO NOGGIN!), and we've watched it every day for the past three weeks. So great! I love your freckles and your smile and your disgusting feet that are sweaty all the time and turn your soccer socks into literally* the worst smelling laundry in the world. I love your sense of humor and artistic vision, and I appreciate your plans to "build a house in Spain" (your words), even if that house is not an actual house in Barcelona where your mother could visit but a virtual Minecraft structure made of TNT and chickens.
*figuratively




0 comments:
Post a Comment