CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy St. Nik's Day! Also, sleet/snow and ridiculous nicknames by commission!

Sunday we celebrated St. Nik's Day, a tradition from my family that means we get our Christmas stockings early. We also say things like "Samuel, look at this gift from Mama and Papa/St. Nik!" (It's necessary to pronounce the slash.) Samuel was crazy excited, though he did expect every gift in his stocking to be either a car or car related. Hot Wheels shirt: success. Where The Wild Things Are shirt: failure.

In other news: Friday it kind of, maybe snowed a little! Here's a photo of Samuel, playing in the snowflake.

Saturday morning our trees lost all their leaves. It was really, really entertaining. And now our backyard looks ugly. Yay freezing temperatures!

Saturday afternoon we made a gingerbread house with Samuel who was mostly interested in the tiny candy. Also, it wasn't made out of gingerbread and resembled a shack more than a house. So, actually, we made a graham cracker candy shack.

Note: yogurt covered pretzel trees are delicious.



P.S. Samuel's really into assigning awesome nicknames to people. If you want an awesome nickname, just ask. He has until now restricted his naming skills to family members but has expressed an interest in giving nicknames to the entire world and "biting your face off." He's a happy child.

Examples of nicknames:
Baka and Dida= Baka Dida Foomph Foomph
Oma and Opa= Oma Opa Packavieder
Kaleb= Kaleb Beeeeee

Kids are ridiculous.

4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Ooh! I need a Sammy nickname!

Heidi Meurer said...

I think his creative naming skills died. I asked him to make you a nickname, and he said "car." Which either means he's done with ridiculous names or (and I like this idea better) he loves you so much he's decided to name you "car," after the love of his life.

I'll keep trying to inspire his creativity. Who knows, tomorrow you may be Rhiannon Vinkernaynay! I'll let you know :)

JohnsonFamily said...

Oh Heidi.....you never fail to make me laugh. I will be chuckling to myself all day now because of your post. A much needed refreshment.

Thank you to you and Sammy and being silly!

Heidi Meurer said...

Thanks, Meagan :)