My brother came to town for the weekend, so we celebrated with the usual onslaught of Austin: Barton Creek Farmers Market, Lulu B's for Vietnamese sandwiches, afternoon coffee at Jo's, and a greenbelt hike to Twin Falls. Also, Elijah Wood spotting! Sad highlight of our (my) weekend: "Elijah Wood is drinking coffee over there. ELIJAH WOOD IS DRINKING COFFEE OVER THERE." He was drinking coffee over there.
Kaleb took lovely photos. Thanks, Kaleb.
Smile #1:
Kaleb took lovely photos. Thanks, Kaleb.
Smile #1:
Smile #2:
"Palm car" plus Sammy:
Greenbelt fun:
Conversations with Samuel:
On choosing a Halloween costume:
Me: "What should I be for Halloween, Sammy?"
Samuel: "A dinosaur. Or a VW bus. A real VW bus."
Me: "How should I become a real VW bus?"
Samuel: "You could buy a VW bus and get inside it and drive it around the house."
Me: "Sure. Maybe. No. I can't do that. That would probably destroy something or everything."
Samuel: "But you could buy another house!"
Me: "That sounds like an expensive Halloween costume, Sammy."
Samuel: "Yeah. It would be fun, though."
Me: "It would be something. But, just so we're clear, I'm not going to be a VW bus for Halloween."
Samuel: "Ok, Mama. You could be a VW Beetle, though. A real VW Beetle."
Me: "I'll probably just be a dinosaur. Or Bristol Palin. Or your mother plus a nifty wig."
Samuel: "Ok."
On the color choices of illustrators:
Me: "You know, sweetheart, I don't think the illustrator of that book made the number five pink just for you. You're not the center of the universe, you know. I mean, you're awesome. Don't get me wrong. You're probably my favorite kid...but you're not everyone's. It's ok. I love you. Please stop crying. Pink is a great color. Let's read something else. Let's eat a peach. Let's color. Let's put crayons inside that creepy Operation head. Sure. Just the pink crayons."
On why babies are sometimes the size of grapes but not edible grapes because that's wrong:
Me: "When a baby first begins to grow, it's not much bigger than a grape."
Samuel: "I want to eat it!"
Me: "No."
Samuel: "Why?"
Me: "Because it's not an actual grape; it's the size of a grape. It's going to become a baby. And we don't eat babies."
Samuel: "Why?"
Me: "Because that's wrong."
Samuel: "Can I still eat a real grape?"
Me: "Yes, son."
GREAT BIG SHINY NEWS: We are going to have another baby! Yay! We're due May 2.

2 comments:
I love you, my once grape!
your mama
Yay! You're totally due on my birthday! What an awesome present that would be!
Just remember, "maybe momma not eat the baby in the tummy?"...
Post a Comment