CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chalk Art, Birthday, Stick Art, Ferrari Boy, and Book Lines

January has been mostly fun (birthday, lovely weather) with spurts of horrible (my mom falling and needing to go to the ER*). Here's the fun in photos!


Making chalk art (Sammy's words) for his Baka and Dida. Sammy: "I wanted to write 'I love you so much' to Baka and Dida, and I had a lot of chalk, so I made chalk art. Pretty, huh? Please take a picture of me by it."

Celebrating my birthday. I turned 27 and got a lovely neck warmer from Turkey (Etsy is love) from Will. Thanks, Will!

Making stick art with best bud Ella (not pictured) and remaking stick art with Dida (not pictured) when "CRAZYPANTS RAIN" (Sammy's words) knocked it down. This is Sammy's tribute to the green stick art on 38th St. between Lamar and Guadalupe. Seriously.

Playing at the park with Papa!

Posing for pictures at the park! No idea why I look like I'm falling. I wasn't falling.

Staring at Ferrari Boy at the park! Sammy didn't/still doesn't understand how this kid was lucky enough to have a Ferrari jacket. This photo accurately portrays Sammy's interaction with this cute kid: none. He stared at his jacket and repeated the word "Ferrari." Fun.

Also, Sammy finally learned how to ride his bike! For months he was frightened of it, then he was indifferent, and today he decided it was fun. I think this morning's cinnamon rolls with Elizabeth, Ella, and Juliet inspired him. Also, big thanks to Elizabeth for knowing how to raise a bicycle seat. WE LOVE YOU.

Finally, for posterity, here are a few things Sammy's been saying:
Mama, books are fun! They are great for making lines, like cars!
Goodbye, my darling!
(This is how he ends conversations with my mom.)
I don't want to count Porsches anymore, Mama. I'm over it.
That lady has big legs, Mama. (Referring to a man dressed as a lady grocery shopping at Central Market. He was right. Those calves were tremendous.)

How Sammy entertains himself while I make pizza: book lines, car lines, Wallace and Gromit, etc.

*My mom is doing much better. Thanks for all the prayers!

0 comments: