We have a second car! We've been looking for a used car for a month or so and couldn't seem to find anything that's not a Jaguar with twenty inch rims or a 1978 Toyota Corolla with no battery. But you know what's awesome? Sometimes your aunt and uncle decide to buy a new car and need to sell theirs. Yes. Very, very good and awesome. We drove to Houston last week to buy it, and Sammy and I stayed a few more days.
On the way there, we passed a place with old cars. We stopped to take pictures. This is basically our life now; we drive until we see an old car, and then we take a picture of it.
Here's where we stopped. The space between "AMERIC" and "AN" makes me smile.
While in Houston Sammy and I ate and ate and ate. First stop: New York Bagels! Their breakfast special with two eggs, a toasted whole wheat bagel, and home fries is the best thing ever. And I'm not just saying that because I'm pregnant.
Also, The Original Ninfa's on Navigation. I've been craving their flour tortillas and salsas. Amazing!
And eating there makes me kiss people, apparently.
Sammy and I had a lovely Indian lunch with my grandma, too, but only remembered to take a picture of the car sign near the restaurant:
Then we went to the Houston Zoo. Sammy loved the elephants the best, but couldn't understand why I kept calling the smallest elephant the "baby." Clearly, that thing was large and not a baby. Good point, son. Good point.
Talking to Papa on the phone:
Other fun things we did: saw my brother's new apartment and went to his house warming party (Congrats, Kaleb!), slept, and ate at Niko Niko's. It's a good life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment