CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Adorable + Annoying

 
 
 


List of children I find both adorable and annoying:
1. Samuel Luka
2. Milka Anne

Let's start with the adorable. Sammy and I are reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, a story he knows nothing about and finds alternately hilarious and confusing:

"Look! Tiny witch feet are crushed under the house!" (hilarious) 
"So, the scarecrow doesn't have a brain but is a man? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?" (confusing)

Other things I'm loving about Big Kid Sammy: his detailed car drawings, his love for Milka, the way he tries to distract Milka from playing with toys he wants to hoard ("This car is dirty and not for babies. Look, Milka! An orange stroller! Yes, I need to clean this car. Too dirty. Milka, orange strollers are the most fun ever! I think orange is your favorite color! TOO DIRTY! TOO DIRTY, MILKA!"), and his answer to my question of "Samuel, what do you think I like to do most in the world?" ("Read a book by yourself"). 

Milka's cuteness consists mainly of ridiculous faces and garbled speech. Her latest rendition of the Scooby Doo theme song: various guttural sounds + the words "Tuba Dooey." Also, she now refers to Sammy as "Sah-wah."

Finally, here are a few things my children have done in the past week that make me want to "read a book by [my]self": dumped not-water onto the seats and floor of our new car (Sammy), overturned a bag of cookies onto the seats and floor of our new car (Sammy), pretended to be dying when I went to the bathroom for five minutes (Milka), and mangled no fewer than five muffins for the fun of it (Milka).

(Aside: We bought a new car! It's lovely. Everyone should get a Honda CRV.)

0 comments: