Samuel likes stickers. Though not in the typical "I'll stick this sticker on a bucket" way. He thinks of them more as body art. He insists on putting them on his belly button, chest, knees, feet, and hands. Check out the fun time Sammy had with these stars and galaxy stickers (thanks, Rachel!):
And, yes, I'm aware that Samuel doesn't look like he's having the best of times. But, really, the kid goes crazy for stickers.
And, in other news, Samuel is potty training himself. FOR REAL. The other day Will asked, "Samuel, do you want to pee in the toilet?" to which Samuel responded, "Toi! Toi! Toi!" He sat him down on the toilet and Sammy peed. This happened a few more times, so I got out his little potty. We've been having pee-pee fun ever since. Samuel loves the intense validation he gets from Mama and Papa ("Sammy, you're a genius! Yay Sammy! You went pee-pee!"), but, really, I think he's mostly excited about the stickers. That's right. The baby potty came with a sheet of stickers with encouraging remarks such as "Good Job" and "Excellent." Because, you know, the average potty training child can read and all. I mean, really. They could have just included a sheet of stickers with (a) pictures of animals or (b) pictures of ceiling fans. Even better: a ceiling fan constructed of rocks fixed at the top of a tent riding in a Metro bus. Samuel would never touch a diaper again.
And, in other news, Samuel is potty training himself. FOR REAL. The other day Will asked, "Samuel, do you want to pee in the toilet?" to which Samuel responded, "Toi! Toi! Toi!" He sat him down on the toilet and Sammy peed. This happened a few more times, so I got out his little potty. We've been having pee-pee fun ever since. Samuel loves the intense validation he gets from Mama and Papa ("Sammy, you're a genius! Yay Sammy! You went pee-pee!"), but, really, I think he's mostly excited about the stickers. That's right. The baby potty came with a sheet of stickers with encouraging remarks such as "Good Job" and "Excellent." Because, you know, the average potty training child can read and all. I mean, really. They could have just included a sheet of stickers with (a) pictures of animals or (b) pictures of ceiling fans. Even better: a ceiling fan constructed of rocks fixed at the top of a tent riding in a Metro bus. Samuel would never touch a diaper again.

1 comments:
I think the last sentence is my favorite... =)
Post a Comment