CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

I Like Your Washcloth Scarf: A Mother's Day Weekend

I had a lovely Mother's Day. We partied with Ella Bella Saturday afternoon and then headed to Houston for a short but sweet visit with the grandparents. Before we left, though, Samuel and Papa held a bath time fashion show, complete with washcloth scarves! If there were a haute-infant fashion show (please tell me there's no such thing), I'm thinking this kid could win. He's even sporting a little faux-hawk/hipster mullet. So, yeah. He'd definitely win:

At Oma and Opa's, Samuel enjoyed (a) his Oma's homeade bread, (b) the wheels on the wheelbarrow, (c) his Uncle Matt (though Sammy intermittently referred to him as Uncle Nik), and (d) not actually paying attention to his cousin Caiden. Most of the time Caiden was singing or trying to kiss Samuel, while Samuel was attempting to find the lawn "mow-ah" or wheelbarrow...pretty much anything that had wheels and didn't inspire paparazzi-esque photo ops from mama and Aunt Tiffany. Here's a rare shot of the two cuties:

Sunday we went to Baka and Dida's for fajitas and presents, presents, presents. Thanks to the family for all the great gifts and sweet cards! I am blessed:

Samuel and Dida played their game of smell-Sammy's-feet-then-ask-if-those-feet-are-flowers-then-act-surprised-when-they-stink-then-say-"Stinky feet!"-then-watch-Samuel-howl-in laughter. It has a long name, but it's not exactly complicated:


Samuel also enjoyed some much needed time with Ujo Kaleb. He likes to ask me every morning if Kaleb will be coming. In his car. Which is a Honda. Which belongs to Kaleb. Which is a Honda. Which is how he will come.

It sounds like this: "Kah-yeb? Cooome? Car? Honna? Kah-yeb? Honna?"

So, Samuel got to see the grandparents and uncles, and Mama got to eat cake and open lovely, thoughtful gifts. It was a perfect Mother's Day. And I don't even mind that I didn't get a washcloth scarf. 'Cause I can easily just borrow Samuel's.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jack said...

Sammy is the cutest! It's so fun when these little ones start talking.

baka said...

new blog please!!!