CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthdays, Recipes, and Fun Facts

Happy Birthday to my beautiful grandma! We went to Houston for the big party and had a lovely weekend celebrating with the family. Also, people, if you like Greek food and are in Friendswood, you need to eat at Ellie's Kitchen and Catering. Seriously. Family's great, but family plus gyros and spanakopita equals best party ever.

The birthday lady! (No clue why my smile is so terrifyingly large.)

Sammy, the camera hog:

Sammy, affronted by my persistent photography:

Sammy, judging me:


Next: food. I love food. I sometimes love cooking. Here are some links to the easiest and tastiest recipes we've been enjoying lately. They are all from the magazine Real Simple.

1. Peanut Butter-Cup Cookies! Make these tonight. Thank me later.
2. Gnocchi with Roasted Cauliflower! Delicious. Just wow. Also, gnocchi with anything is a winner.
3. Spaghetti with Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta! It's different. It sounds weird. But it's awesome, real, and simple.
4. Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Onions! We actually made this for guests who can attest that it is (a) real and (b) amazing.

Finally: fun facts.
1. It is cold in Austin. I am using the word "cold" because twice today I shivered. Also, Sammy is wearing a jacket.
2. No matter your political beliefs, can we please agree that Tom Delay should never, ever dance in public? Really. Never. But, just for fun, here's a link to the greatest moment on television this week. I'm sorry.


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jessie said...

For serious: that chicken and sweet potato recipe is un-freaking-believable. So simple and so dee-licious. I'm gonna make it myself at least once a week. OK, day.