CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy birthday to me! Also, recipes.

Saturday was my birthday, and I spent the weekend celebrating and napping. In that order. Big thanks to the husband for taking care of the dirty dishes, floors, sinks, and even dirtier diapers. Will, you make birthdays awesome. Big thanks to the brother for coming into town, helping us with Sammy entertaining, and documenting the weekend in photos. Kaleb, you're really good at life. And photography. Finally, big thanks to The Sammy for all those sweet hugs and kisses and that one awesome crayon masterpiece I've entitled "Cars or Fans."

Here are my favorite photos from the weekend, courtesy of Kaleb.

How do I celebrate my birthday? By baking peanut butter cookies, of course!

My kid's cuteness knows no bounds.

With a cinnamon roll at Upper Crust Bakery.

Love this photo.


In honor of my birthday, here's a brief list of recent favorite recipes. Note that every single one of them comes from Smitten Kitchen. That lady's insane.

1. Feta Salsa. It's really just fancy feta. I made it with Bulgarian sheep feta, my favorite.
2. White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip. It's like hummus but better. So much better.
3. Raspberry Breakfast Bars. Have I already told you about these? Have I told you how they've changed my life?
4. Peanut Butter Cookies. These have peanut butter chips AND chocolate chips in them. HAPPINESS.
5. Snickerdoodles. These are Sammy's new favorite.
6. Cream Biscuits. So good you think you're dying...but in a good way.
7. Curried Lentils and Sweet Potatoes. It's delicious! It's vegan!

No, I don't do anything but bake anymore.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: