Oh, hello. Was I supposed to be blogging about our life? Oops. (Note: napping > blogging.)
News: Apparently, Jersey Shore is a real show that people watch. Maudie's queso is much better than I remembered. Getting a weather report can be fun; see here. David Sedaris is coming to the Paramount in April, and I really want to see him. Volver is probably my favorite film of the past decade.
Sammy news: Our wee tiny wunderkind has perfected his cinnamon roll eating abilities. He seems to have a natural aptitude for ingesting massive amounts of cinnamon and sugar. Imagine that. I've confirmed that Sammy would now rather eat an Upper Crust cinnamon roll than play with cars. That's right. Cinnamon rolls have moved to the number one position. (Note: sugar > toys.)
Happiness #1
Happiness #2
NEW ODDITIES FROM THE STRANGE WORLD OF SAMUEL:
1. He now refuses to snack on apple slices, unless you tell him it's a "magical sugar apple from Whole Foods." Then he eats it immediately.
2. He refers to himself exclusively in third person.
Take, for instance, the following conversation between Sammy and me:
Sammy: "Sammy not eat cheese."
Me: "Ok, so you don't want to eat this pizza?"
Sammy: "Sammy eat pizza! Sammy no like cheese."
Me: "But this pizza has cheese on it, Samuel."
Sammy: "No. No cheese."
Me: "Do you want me to remove the cheese?"
Sammy: "No. Sammy eat pizza."
3. He makes a triangle shape with his hands and then pretends to eat it. ??? He calls it his "triangle snack."
4. He loves the park but now stresses to me that it would be nice if "no other kids be there." He's friendly.
5. He takes everything literally. Last weekend I told him I was going to do a little grocery shopping and would then meet him and Will at the front of the store when I was finished. I also said that if I didn't see them, I would give them a ring to let them know I was done. He asked to see the ring.
6. He believes that the point where two lines intersect is called the schnookums. I might have told him that.
7. He gives great directions; everything's "across Lamar."
8. He firmly believes in the existence of a place called "Pie-bus." According to Sammy, this restaurant/store is "across Lamar."
9. He now tells friends goodbye by saying "Have a good one!"
10. He knows his capital letters and insists that Wells Fargo is the same thing as Whole Foods.
Sammy, taking a break from his destruction of our living room:
Sammy art:


4 comments:
Keynan makes triangles and squares with his fingers, too. Kids are weird and fun. Sammy and my boys should be friends.
My wife, you're awesome. I've been laughing out loud at work. I love you and our miniature polygon muncher.
Tim and I love your updates!
Homemade Cinnamon rolls w/ honey glaze!
love, mama
Post a Comment