CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who is that tiny hooded creature who tried to eat all the muffins?

Sammy, of course!


Sammy and I made whole wheat banana walnut muffins yesterday morning. He couldn't get enough of them and told me, "Mama, Sammy never stop eating these muffins." (He did eventually stop.)

Here's the recipe. It's from my mom and is hands-down my favorite banana bread recipe of all time. OF ALL TIME. Also, it's crazy healthy.

Banana Bread

Preheat oven to 350

2 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 1/4 t baking powder
1 1/4 t baking soda
1 t sea salt
2/3 C oil (I use olive oil.)
2/3 C honey
1 C yogurt (I use whole milk yogurt.)
4 large bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
2/3 cup chopped walnuts* (You can use pecans, if you prefer. I used walnuts yesterday and ground them in my food processor before mixing them into the batter. Sammy's not the biggest fan of large walnut pieces, and this way I avoid the inevitable "No, that's not a walnut; it's a candy piece shaped like a walnut" discussion.)

Whisk the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and nuts. Mix all. Pour into greased loaf pans, muffins tins, etc. Two large loaves will take 30-45 minutes to bake; smaller loaf pans will obviously take less time. The muffins we made yesterday, though, were done in 15 minutes.

*Note: You can also mix in a handful of ground flax seeds, chocolate chips, a combination of nuts and chocolate chips, etc.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: