Remember to keep your mother and grandfather far away from you at all times.
And always take candy from strangers [employed at Central Market].
Will and I went to the opera, HGO's production of Puccini's Tosca, Saturday night. It was ridiculous and wonderful and bloody. Spoiler alert: everybody dies. I can't recommend it enough! You people should all go to the opera. Also, big thank you to the grandparents for babysitting! I'm pretty sure Samuel would not have enjoyed the singing and stabbing as much as we did.
We're doing well...surviving the gray, dreary weather. Sammy and I have found new non-park ways to entertain ourselves, such as reading 32 books in one sitting and lining up Cars dominoes.
Sammy's still really into Disney's Cars movie. So much so that he allows it to cloud his otherwise stellar judgment. Take, for instance, this evening. Sammy picked up the book I'm reading and said, "Mama's reading about Mater, too!" to which I replied, "No, Sammy. This book is not about Mater and Lightning McQueen. It's about C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud." Really, Sammy? The two aging humans on the cover didn't give it away? I love my kid.

3 comments:
sad... no picture of breakfast with Aunt Shawna... I am not a part of the blog anymore. I am so glad I got to see you guys! Finally!
WRONG. I had only two pictures of us from my mom...one where you looked bleh and one where I looked bleh. I spared my readers the unsightliness. :)
I'm glad I got to see you, too! Even if it was just for 30 minutes...
Can't wait to see you in Austin!
Both of you looked GREAT! I should put it on FB, just gave Heidi the first chance!
Post a Comment