What fun things have we been up to?*
Making car lines! Oh. Wait. That's old news.
Whining! Dear Sammy, please stop. Always and forever. Love, Mama.
Watching old Alfred Hitchcock movies that aren't suspenseful at all but star Cary Grant with obscenely dark makeup and Grace Kelly, so it's all good.
Gardening! Will's pride and joy: red leaf lettuce, spinach, and shallots. Also, BONUS, it's actually edible! We had some friends over for dinner last week and all agreed that the red leaf lettuce was (a) edible and (b) tasty.
Making this awesome face!
And this one! (Cute baby judges you.)
Making cards! Here are some I made for my cousin in Croatia. Because every woman needs blank greeting cards with mushrooms, beavers, and owls on them, right? Best card stock ever. Did I mention that you, too, can do this? Steps involved: (1) Purchase cute card stock with just a touch of whimsy. Whimsy necessary. (2) Cut out card design and decorate with various shapes, cut-outs, beavers, etc. (3) Find an envelope template and cut it out. Done! Unless you have something against cutting, this is fool proof.

Making picture frame matting! I've been making these for baby shower gifts, birthday gifts, etc. I LOVE how you can use any scraps of paper you have; old card stock, magazines, or newspapers all work well. I like drawing tree designs or ladies with wild hair made up of flower stems. Steps involved: (1) Find some paper. (2) Cut out a 4x6 slot, if your frame didn't come with matting already. (3) Cut out leaves. (4) Draw something pretty. Leave room for leaves. (5) Paste leaves onto drawing. I use a glue stick. Done! Unless you have something against cutting and/or glue sticks, this is fool proof. Oh, and you should probably have a little attention to detail, a dash of creativity, and a desire to see hundreds of little leaves scattered across your living room floor.


Making sweet soft pretzels! That's on the agenda tonight, and I'm ridiculously excited.
*Oh, you didn't ask? Sorry.
Making picture frame matting! I've been making these for baby shower gifts, birthday gifts, etc. I LOVE how you can use any scraps of paper you have; old card stock, magazines, or newspapers all work well. I like drawing tree designs or ladies with wild hair made up of flower stems. Steps involved: (1) Find some paper. (2) Cut out a 4x6 slot, if your frame didn't come with matting already. (3) Cut out leaves. (4) Draw something pretty. Leave room for leaves. (5) Paste leaves onto drawing. I use a glue stick. Done! Unless you have something against cutting and/or glue sticks, this is fool proof. Oh, and you should probably have a little attention to detail, a dash of creativity, and a desire to see hundreds of little leaves scattered across your living room floor.
Making sweet soft pretzels! That's on the agenda tonight, and I'm ridiculously excited.
*Oh, you didn't ask? Sorry.
3 comments:
i was curious....thanks for the 411!
You should also post the beautiful frame you did for my bday, including a card! You are so creative!
love you, mama
Will! That garden of yours is beautiful! Great job with it and I'm sure that the produce is quite tasty. Congrats.
I'll be curious to see how your agricultural empire starts to expand. Few things are more encouraging then plants that grow... they always get you dreaming about how you can grow more!
Post a Comment