Sammy and I spent last week in Houston with the family. BIG thank you to our family and friends for making time for us and/or eating with us. Good people + good food = fun fun fun.
At Oma and Opa's house. Sammy's a big fan of Opa's lawnmower, thinks it's a toy, and in no way understands how it cuts grass. In fact he just saw this photo again and asked, "Maybe Sammy eat lawnmower or bite it on ear?" Wow.
At lunch with Ami and Aunt Jane. We ate at the new Birraporetti's in Friendswood: so good, and BONUS if your son's diaper leaks and urine gets all over the booth, the waitstaff doesn't yell at you. Whiny McWhinerson before the deluge o' urine:
At Baka and Dida's house. Love this photo!
At lunch with Shawna and Kara at Shiva's. Beautiful women and Indian food: it doesn't get much better for Sammy. Or me.
Also, tiny peppermints and Shawna's awesome face:
And THE GREATEST PICTURE OF ALL TIME. Kara and I do our Gilly impersonations:
At the beach with Baka and Dida. Sammy loved the sand and wants to go back soon "and never leave," a phrase he continuously repeated throughout our stay. This kid likes Houston!
At dinner after the beach, looking for cars.
At lunch with Shelby. Sammy cried because I wanted to eat and because I didn't share his enthusiasm for parked cars or car signs or clouds shaped like cars. I know. Worst mother ever.
Other fun things we didn't document in photos: ate Croatian-style fried chicken with Ujo Kaleb, rode the Hermann Park train, ran up and down the hill in front of the Miller Outdoor Theatre, and ate bagels at the New York Coffee Shop on Hillcroft. Good times.
0 comments:
Post a Comment