Happy Birthday to me! Friday was the special day, except it wasn't that special. Or nice. Both Will and I have been sick (and still are!) with some sort of stomach illness, maybe food poisoning, for about four days now. Yeah, my birthday was that awesome. We had grand plans for Mexican food, evening park fun with Samuel, blah blah blah blah blah. Mostly the day was spent in bed. Eating dry toast. Now, I know people get sick from time to time. But, really, sick on ONE'S OWN BIRTHDAY? Besides my son (remember the fun that was Sammy's first birthday?), I know no one who's spent their special day hovering near a toilet. And Sammy didn't actually confine his sickness to a toilet, either; just in case you were wondering. My parents and brother had planned to come to Austin for a birthday visit, and they did, because Will and I assured them we were feeling somewhat better. Saturday we actually did alright. I even enjoyed a slice of my birthday cake! (Thanks, Baka, for the DELICIOUS wine cake.) Saturday night The Stomach Problems began again. And the family left early Sunday afternoon. Here are two pictures from our Saturday o' celebrating:
Cake!
Cake!
Check out the stellar necklace my hubby bought me! And the oh-so-lovely earrings from my brother! Oh yeah. That's one hot (and still somewhat sick) mama.
Now, moving on to two Sammy pictures (because no post would be complete without them).
New pajamas and the cutest little man robe (thanks, Ami!):
Fun with Dida:
And, yes, his jacket matches his pants match his socks. Baby's got style.
Thank you to Baka, Dida, and Ujo Kaleb for attempting to salvage my pathetically sad birthday. Thanks for the lovely presents and tasty cake! Thank you to my husband for fixing me tea and watching Sammy, even when you felt like vomiting yourself. You're an angel. I love my gifts and couldn't have asked for a better worst birthday!
Thank you to Baka, Dida, and Ujo Kaleb for attempting to salvage my pathetically sad birthday. Thanks for the lovely presents and tasty cake! Thank you to my husband for fixing me tea and watching Sammy, even when you felt like vomiting yourself. You're an angel. I love my gifts and couldn't have asked for a better worst birthday!

2 comments:
Thank you for having us over!
Glad I could contribute to your better worst birthday!
You made it horribly wonderful!
Post a Comment