CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

House News and a Cone Head

The title of this post has been changed again. Apparently, writing that one has "news" or even "non-pregnancy related news" causes others to think one is pregnant. One is not, and one apologizes for the confusion!

We've been busy lately. Good busy. We had some friends over for dinner Friday night, and it was wonderful watching Samuel feed off their son Joshua (almost 3). Joshua would yell, "Meing!" to which Samuel would reply, "Meing!" This lasted about 10 minutes. I've never seen Sammy so interested in another kid. He would just follow him around, repeating whatever Joshua was saying. Also entertaining: watching them wolf down a GIANT bowl of blueberries in about five minutes. Man, those blueberries are a crowd pleaser!

We went to a birthday party for Owen Saturday afternoon with cuter than cute monkey cupcakes (Happy Birthday, Owen!) and house hunting after that. Yes, we're looking for a house to buy. It's been fun and exhausting and crazy stressful. Our life is square footage, neighborhood, crime statistics, mature trees?, gas or electric?, etc. Any advice you homeowners have to offer is oh so appreciated!

So, that's what's going on around here. Oh, and Samuel has a fever. Why are kids always sick with one thing or another? Sheesh.

Also, it seems that everyone I know is pregnant. Which makes me think of newborns and their sweet little cone heads. So, in honor of all you pregant ladies, here's cone head Sam, just a few minutes old:




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lindsay Leigh said...

love all the hair. man, joseph had a horrible mould!!! his head was so red and tender from me pushing that if you barely touched it, he would scream bloody murder...still to this day he does not like hats. i think it is because of the trauma at birth ;-).

Jack said...

OK, when I read the title of this blog, I IMMEDIATELY thought that the "news" was going to be that you are pregnant. Guess not, house news is fun too, not as cute, but very exciting. The only house tip I would give is to find a house with nice shade tree. If we moved now, that would be number one on my list.

Heidi Meurer said...

Poor Joseph! Hopefully baby #2 will not have as traumatic of an experience :)

NOT PREGNANT! I re-read the title and the first few sentences and thought, "Yikes! That does sound a little like we're expecting." Yeah, we're not. I changed the title just for you!

Anonymous said...

The problem with your new title is that it still has the word "pregnancy" in it. So readers are thinking, "in addition to being us being pregnant, here is some other news." :-) Sorry, you can't win!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have an extra "being" in my post above. "Being" an editor, it drives me crazy that I can't fix it!

Heidi Meurer said...

Tammy, I guess you're right! Oh well. I've learned my lesson, though: no more titles dealing with news, pregnancy, etc. Hopefully there will be no more confusion :)

The Littles said...

lol- wow. My only house tips are things that are kinda nice and/or things I wish I had. 1. Lorelai's bathroom is right across the hall from her room, so it is really nice to have both doors open and let her splash and play while I clean her room or fold clothes; 2. I wish our laundry room was in the back of our house next to the bedrooms, NOT in our kitchen (who designs a house that way???) But, like I said, luxuries. I agree with the trees, although if you want to do a garden, make sure there's some Full Sun areas.