Another Monday, another week. Here are a few pictures from our fun-filled weekend with Baka and Ujo Kaleb. Dida, we missed you and hope you are feeling much better!
Baka and Ujo arrived Saturday morning, just in time for cinnamon rolls and Lone Star kolaches: YUM! For lunch, I attempted Saag Paneer again (this time with actual paneer), and it was a tasty success. I'll post the recipe sometime soon, for all you Indian food lovers out there. Samuel was so excited to see the family, and the family showered him with "keeses." We went to Iron Works for dinner and wolfed down some beef ribs, sausage, and brisket, a food we soon realized was Samuel's secret love. Baby loves brisket! A lot more eating and coffee drinking followed, and our weekend was altogether quite wonderful. We had breakfast Sunday morning at Taco Deli on Spyglass ( located .00001 miles from our UT days apartment...and we never went there...so very, very sad.) It was delicious, and the Dona hot sauce is the BEST. When in Austin, stop by this place for some tasty, cheap eats! A trip to Whole Foods was inevitable; we stopped for coffee and people watching. Samuel missed his first nap and nearly passed out on the way home, but Ujo Kaleb and I kept him awake by tickling him. When we did get home, baby went right to sleep (I actually watched his eyes roll back in his head, he was that tired). We had a late lunch at Kerbey Lane, which was oh-so-delicious, as usual, and then we packed up the fam fam and said our sad goodbyes. We're pretty sure Samuel still thinks they're here, hiding under the couch or in a closet somewhere...
Baka and Ujo arrived Saturday morning, just in time for cinnamon rolls and Lone Star kolaches: YUM! For lunch, I attempted Saag Paneer again (this time with actual paneer), and it was a tasty success. I'll post the recipe sometime soon, for all you Indian food lovers out there. Samuel was so excited to see the family, and the family showered him with "keeses." We went to Iron Works for dinner and wolfed down some beef ribs, sausage, and brisket, a food we soon realized was Samuel's secret love. Baby loves brisket! A lot more eating and coffee drinking followed, and our weekend was altogether quite wonderful. We had breakfast Sunday morning at Taco Deli on Spyglass ( located .00001 miles from our UT days apartment...and we never went there...so very, very sad.) It was delicious, and the Dona hot sauce is the BEST. When in Austin, stop by this place for some tasty, cheap eats! A trip to Whole Foods was inevitable; we stopped for coffee and people watching. Samuel missed his first nap and nearly passed out on the way home, but Ujo Kaleb and I kept him awake by tickling him. When we did get home, baby went right to sleep (I actually watched his eyes roll back in his head, he was that tired). We had a late lunch at Kerbey Lane, which was oh-so-delicious, as usual, and then we packed up the fam fam and said our sad goodbyes. We're pretty sure Samuel still thinks they're here, hiding under the couch or in a closet somewhere...
Ujo Kaleb, as delightful as ever:
Sammy, checking out the sweets and champagne at Dolce Vita:
So cute, I want to eat his little cheeks:
Playing with a straw at Taco Deli:




7 comments:
Can I tell you that every blog you write leaves me hungry?! Does Houston have as good of food choices as Austin and we just don't describe it as well?
Family thank you for having Mama & I over. The Saag Paneer and all of the food was DELICIOUS and well worth the wait. Sammy is ultra-adorable in the "Turtle" shirt picture!
I love yall sooooooo much. I wish you were down here enjoying the storm hype...
if you post your recipe for saag paneer, I'll post mine for curry...
sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time there in Austin!
volim vas!
Katie, Houston DEFINITELY has as good of food as Austin. In fact, that may require an entire blog post :) It's just that we live in Austin now, and our love of food follows us wherever we move! Sorry, I know I tend to write extensively about food, food, and more food. But it does give me great joy!
Kaleb, we're sorry to miss the hype :)
Theo, we'll be posting soon, and please do post that curry recipe...YUM!
Mama, LOVE YOU, TOO!
Happy 11 months Birthday to our Sammy Luka!!!
God bless you & keep you!
Any festivities?
Puno pusa od bake
Samuel has a little man-do! It's so cute. I know who is getting hair-products for his first birthday!
And Kaleb is right, you totally missed out on the best hurricane hype ever. I hope everyone filled their gas tanks, because the signs meant for AMBER alerts were very clear on saying that we needed to. Also, I am thinking we all need to start investing in bottled water. You have no idea how much money they made Monday night. We would have been rich!
Love you guys!
By the way Shamir sends his love, and his loving humor. He says "whoa, when did you have a kid". He really misses you guys too(he just shows it differently)!
Post a Comment