After the party, we took turns holding the very clingy, very sick birthday boy. Our evening consisted of watching various local news programs, wondering whether Hurricane Gustave was coming our way (nothing is less appealing than watching weather men and women practically salivating at the chance to predict more rain, disaster, and mayhem...I actually watched one station where the news anchor said, "Even if the hurricane doesn't come our way, we should all be aware of the dangers of electrocution from flood waters.") Our evening did not get better. Samuel woke up about 10.75 times that night, and Will and I started feeling sick as well. So, to recap: sick Sammy, sick Papa, sick Mama, little sleep. Sunday we had to miss church due to the Meurer illness, and then I had to miss an afternoon wedding shower. It was not until Sunday evening that Samuel's fever went down, and we saw this smile:
Here's Sammy, playing with the dump truck Ujo Kaleb gave him:
Sunday evening Will and I went out for coffee--a rare date night for us--while Baka and Dida watched Sammy boy. But, we still weren't feeling that well, so our date consisted of the following:
Will: My stomach hurts.
Heidi: Mine does, too.
Will: I don't think I can finish my coffee.
Heidi: My head hurts. I need Advil.
Will: I think I need some Acidophilus.
Heidi: Want to get going?
Will: Yeah.
Monday morning Samuel was feeling much better, as you can see in this picture:
Will: My stomach hurts.
Heidi: Mine does, too.
Will: I don't think I can finish my coffee.
Heidi: My head hurts. I need Advil.
Will: I think I need some Acidophilus.
Heidi: Want to get going?
Will: Yeah.
Monday morning Samuel was feeling much better, as you can see in this picture:
He even went for a swing outside with his Dida:

By the time we left for Austin Monday afternoon, Samuel was acting like his old self, I was feeling only somewhat better, and Will still wanted to die. We were just glad our weekend was almost through. Then we arrived home and found our internet had been disconnected. Will talked to an AT&T person for over an hour, until finally FINALLY it was working again. Our weekend was over, and we promptly went to bed.



1 comments:
I can't believe baby samuel is 1! It sounds like he had a great party. I hope everyone in the Meurer house is healthy again.
Post a Comment