CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wine Cake, Burgers, and Town Lake!

Wine cake is pretty much my favorite kind of cake. Yeah, it's amazing. I made it for our housewarming party Saturday afternoon and could have consumed half the cake had I not been running around all afternoon. Thanks to everyone for coming, for "warming" our house, for sweet cards, delicious cookies, lovely flowers, plants, bottles of wine, etc. We feel so loved! Here's the spread, before guests arrived and before Samuel dipped his hand in the ranch dressing and flung ranch everywhere:


Note: The spinach artichoke dip and sausage and cheese balls are not pictured. No, we did not purposefully place an empty dish and leave a blank space on the table. I mean, we're Austinites and all, but we draw the line at using table spreads as vehicles for obscure artistic expression. I mean, really.

We went to Burger Tex for a late dinner Saturday night: DELICIOUS! Their burgers are greasy and satisfying, and Samuel almost ate my entire 6 oz. patty before I reintroduced the goldfish crackers, Samuel's filler food of choice. Really, though: check out the Burger Tex link. They overuse quotation marks to a ridiculous degree. It's amazing, and someone should probably tell them they don't need to place the phrase "ample parking" in quotes.

Today we went to Town Lake for a walk, and it was gorgeous weather, folks. Finally. After two days of rain, we needed some blue sky! Sammy loves this trail, though you really can't tell that in the picture:

Here are the boys resting in the Opossum Temple (not even kidding):

Love this picture:


We ended the weekend with our lovely church family, some fantastic pasta, and more wine cake. Lots of wine cake.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JohnsonFamily said...

Your blogs always make me chuckle.
LOVE IT!

Remember when we would go to your house and look at Barbie trading cards?

Jack said...

Okay, call me crazy, but I've never had wine cake. Must try it soon.

Heidi Meurer said...

Meagan, HAHA. I had totally forgotten about Barbie trading cards. WOW.

Lindsay, it's Nancy Smothermon's recipe. And it's so easy to make! And it's delicious!!!