Samuel has recently begun to like books...that is, books with some sort of red visual. His current favorite is Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton (a birthday present from his great aunt Mary). He LOVES the little red ball that appears periodically throughout the story--so much so that he will flip through the book himself, find the ball, smile and point at it, and then run away in fits of laughter. Seriously. He acts like we are tickling his pants off, when, in reality, we have merely asked, "Sammy, where's the red ball?" or "Do you like that red ball?" Here are two pictures from our night of "reading" fun:
Also, for all you observant folk, those ARE bruises and cuts on Sammy's face, and, no, he didn't get in a fight with a cat. The nose scratch is a mystery and occurred sometime during church Sunday evening. The eye cut and large bruise happened while playing "tent" with Papa (game: hold sheet over head of Samuel and participating adult). Apparently Sammy got a little too excited and decided to lunge backward...and right into the headboard of our bed. He's doing quite well, considering he looks like he's been in a few too many bar fights, no doubt started by taunts about his "sissy red balloon"...
Finally, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but does anyone have food suggestions for picky eaters? We keep trying a variety of things, but Samuel usually just wants blueberries and chickpeas (or whatever the foods of choice that week are). Do you have any go-to things your babies/kids love to eat? I would love to hear any and all suggestions!
Finally, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but does anyone have food suggestions for picky eaters? We keep trying a variety of things, but Samuel usually just wants blueberries and chickpeas (or whatever the foods of choice that week are). Do you have any go-to things your babies/kids love to eat? I would love to hear any and all suggestions!

3 comments:
I don't have any suggestions, but when we went in for Joe's 1 year checkup, the doctor told me, "Okay, he will start to go through spurts where he won't eat anything. It will be okay." That next week, Joe was so picky and hardly ate a single thing. He would maybe eat one cracker at dinner and lunch and little bit of a banana for breakfast. I would have been gravely concerned if the doctor hadn't warned me of that. I think it is normal and soon enough he will pick up where he left off.
Just offer a few healthy food choices. As long as everything on his plate is somewhat nutritious, he will get what he needs. Don't worry about it. They go through stages where they want the same thing over and over. I always have grapes, yogurt, grape tomatoes, pears, peaches, cheese squares, Cheerios, stuff like that. Blueberries are also a big favorite.
Thanks, ladies! I really appreciate your comments!
Post a Comment