Today I got to thinking about how Sammy is no longer really a baby. How he's more of a toby (weird morphing of "toddler" and "baby") than anything. How he can understand me when I say "no" and "Mama's gonna eat you" and "Papa's home!", instead of staring in my general direction while sucking on his toes. How his clothes are not as teeny-tiny-cutesy as they once were. How he dances in place to opera music and KNOWS THE MUSIC IS COMING FROM THE STEREO, instead of blithely assuming Papa's that talented. How his chicken pox sores make me think he looks more and more like a spotted hyena and less and less like a little doll. And how he points out imperfections on the kitchen floor with a very impertinent, very persistent point of his index finger. I started thinking about sweet baby Sammy, the Samuel I used to prop up in front of our couch pillows for a photo shoot every other...hour. Here are a few of my favorites:
Smirking at two months:
Bored with life:
Angelic pose:
"I will fight you, Papa!"




10 comments:
Sweet Sammy. They DO grow so quickly. I totally did the hourly photo shoots too.
That's not a smirk, but the sweetest smile, Baka's Angel!
So tiny...so cute. It is hard to remember they were ever that little now that they are big enough to say "no".
That does not even look like the same little Sammy we all know and love. I can not wait to see what your next little one will look like. Oh, we are praying for you continuously for the chicken to run far away from that sweet little boy as fast as it can! We miss you and love you and are looking forward to breakfast with you!!!!
Lindsay, glad to know I'm not the only parent guilty of paparazzi-esque behavior!
Baka, you say smile; I say smirk!
Elizabeth, I HAVE to look at pictures to remember how tiny and helpless and unable to say "no" Sammy was...otherwise I would not believe it!
Shawna, he seems to be on the up and up. I think that poxy chicken is on his way out :)
Awwww, in the second photo, baby Sammy is so full of teen angst. So cute!
Hehehe, Infant angst!
Hi Heidi!
This is Derek from El Paso. Will gave me your blog info., and I thoroughly enjoy it.
I now too have a blog. It's nowhere near as visually appealing as yours, but I'm working on it.
with the comb over and the yellow/brown motif going on I had a sudden flash of insight...
Charlie Brown!
Brilliant, Theo! Sammy is the new Charlie :)
Post a Comment